Super Rare Games will release the second volume of Mixtape
Super Rare Games revealed that they have released the Super Rare Mixtape Vol. 2 with a ton of indie video games in a cool retro package. This set is basically a collection of fun tracks that come from an array of genres, all in a single USB stick inside a cassette tape design, as you can see here. The full list of tracks in this set is FWD, 36 Apples, All Our Asias, Alluvium, Cheeky Chooks, Cog Owl, Cyphernaut, Detective GUI, Elementalist: 0, Franchise Wars, Gardenarium, Happy Happy Land, Hinoken, Lycanthorn 2: Rain of Beasts, Don’t Touch 5, Pack a Block, Perfect Vermin, PetWings, Plead with the Mountain God, Postbird in Provence, Runway, Satryn, Stargrove Scramble, Starsnap, Static Cling, Sunnyside vs the Eggies, Tadpole Tales, Tailspin!, Windowframe, and Z’s room. You can buy it from their store for $40 right now, but they’ve only made 2,000 copies, so hurry!
Including puzzle platformers, forgotten 90s shmup, classic point and click with full voice acting, PS1 style horror platformer, RSPCA funded farming simulation, wholesome 3D adventure, claymation style, and many more. Mixtapes are showcases of pure originality and creativity, giving indies the attention and preservation they deserve.
- Six demos – Throwback to the golden days of PS1/PS2 demo discs, we’ve included a handful of demos for some exciting upcoming commercial indie games you might not have heard of.
- USB tape – your games mixtape is neatly presented on a cassette tape-shaped USB flash drive, with a built-in custom launcher for easy plug ‘n’ play use on any Windows PC or laptop.
- Collector’s Box – a beautiful slim box, designed to fit into your game collection, also includes a full color manual with a full page dedicated to each of the 36 titles and a description explaining why they were chosen for this collection.
- Bonus Features – a new addition for Vol. 2, delve into the history of these hidden gems with concept art galleries and developer audio commentary, helping to preserve the stories behind these games that would otherwise have been lost to time.
- 2,000 copies – to check if there is an audience for this unique and novel idea, only 2,000 copies will be available. Flight. 1 sold out in 5 hours last August, which we hope was no fluke! Stock is here now and ready to ship.