Kentucky Basketball vs Southern Time, TV Channel, Live Online Streaming, Odds, Predictions
- Time 7 p.m. ET
- Dated: December 7, 2021
- Site: Rupp Arena in Lexington, Kentucky
- TV: The SEC network will have television coverage tonight.
- Advertisers: Mike Morgan and Pat Bradley will call the action.
- Online feed: Stream the game online using WatchESPN. You can also use a free trial of FuboTV.
- Replay: WatchESPN or SEC Network (check your local listings).
- Listen: UK Sports Network with Tom Leach and Mike Pratt.
- Satellite radio: Sirius 133 | XM 190 | SiriusXM 961 app
- Lists: UK I EU
- Chances: DraftKings favored Kentucky by 30.5 points. ESPN’s match predictor gives the Cats a 98.4% chance of winning. KenPom gives the home team a 99% chance of winning.
- Prediction: KenPom plans an 86-59 win for Kentucky. TeamRankings has the Cats winning 89-60. Send us your predictions in the comments section!
The Kentucky Wildcats will be back in action on Tuesday night as they host the University of the South Jaguars at Rupp Arena for the Unity Series inaugural game, which you can read more about here.
Kentucky are currently on a six-game winning streak and will face multiple Power 5 enemies in the coming weeks.
Led by Oscar Tshiebwe, Sahvir Wheeler and TyTy Washington, John Calipari will use this game to help refine several key areas on both sides of the pitch as they prepare to start the conference.
One thing to watch out for as the game goes on Tuesday night is the rotations. By all accounts, it looks like this will be the first time we will see this list in full health, especially after the various illnesses that have circulated in the team.
Who will Cal turn to if Oscar gets into trouble? Where does Davion Mintz really plug into the spin if he’s able to play? Who is left out? Will Keion Brooks continue to show that he can be a weapon of choice offensively?
These are all good questions to pay attention to, especially early in tomorrow’s game, as Coach Cal begins to shorten his bench slightly.
When it comes to playing, overall this team has made progress on both sides of the pitch. Offensively, they have proven they can score consistently even when shots don’t fall from outside. Defensively, they took steps in the right direction and showed the potential of having an elite defense in March.
For this game, the Cats will welcome Sean Woods back to Rupp Arena as his Jaguars look to secure their fourth victory of the season.
Southern will be led by Tyrone Lyons. The junior redshirt currently leads the team scoring with 14.3 points per game on 51% shots from the field and 58% on three from 19 attempts. He also adds 4.5 rebounds, 1.5 assists and 1.6 steals per game.
The Jags will also look to Brion Whitley to continue giving them solid production on the bench. Currently, he is averaging 13.5 points on 48% of shots from the field and 40% on three of 52 attempts this season. Whitley can score it, but with the pressure this season he’s struggled with turnovers as he has 18-8 games for the Jaguars.
This game will be another game Kentucky should be able to get out of early, especially if they apply pressure from the tip. Keep all three tight, and the pace and efficiency of Britain’s offensive should be enough to secure their seventh straight victory ahead of a big road game at Notre Dame.
A Sea of ââBlue comes with Kentucky Wildcats links, news, analysis, and other fun stuff for our readers, so “Like” our Facebook page and Follow us on twitter. And as always, Go Cats!