Baseball Game Day: Vs. Stanford (4/2/22)
Oregon State (20-6, 7-4) vs. Stanford (13-9, 5-6)
April 3, 2022 • 12:05 PM PT • Corvallis, Oregon • Goss Stadium at Coleman Field
TBA vs LHP Drew Dowd (4-0, 2.81)
Oregon State and Stanford wrap up their three-game series Sunday at Goss Stadium at Coleman Field. The first pitch is scheduled for 12:05 a.m. PT.
All games are broadcast on the Beaver Sports Network with a preview 30 minutes before the first pitch. Affiliates include KEJO 1240-AM (Corvallis), KKNX 840-AM (Eugene), KCFM 1250-AM & 104.1-FM (Florence), KLAD 960-AM & 93.3-FM (Klamath Falls), KTMT 880-AM & 96.1 – FM (Medford, weekend games), KEX 1190-AM (Portland), 102.3 FM (weekday games before 5:30 p.m.), KSKR 1490-AM (Roseburg) and KBZY 1490-AM (Salem, weekend games ).
Catch the game online by visiting osubeavers.com and find the live stream on the Oregon State Baseball Schedule page. Games can be streamed through the Varsity Network, which is available for smartphone and tablet users. Download the free Varsity Network app for live games and archived broadcasts.
The game will air on Pac-12 Oregon with Rich Burk on the call.
Subscribers to the Pac-12 Network can find the game online at Pac-12.com or through smartphones and tablets using the Pac-12 Now app.
Live stats for the game can be accessed by clicking the live stats link located on the baseball schedule page on osubeavers.com.
by Justin Boyd A single that scored in the 11th inning sent No. 3 Oregon State to a 3-2 win over Stanford on Saturday afternoon at Goss Stadium in Coleman Field. Boyd doubled up second baseman Austin Kretzschmar, allowing Wade Meckler go home second. Meckler, who finished with three hits, doubled up with two tries, slipping just past the tag after a pitch from center fielder Brock Jones. Jacob Kmatz, Ben Ferrier and Ryan Brown combined to limit Stanford to nine hits and two runs in 11 innings. The trio netted 14 goals. Brown took the win after two scoreless, improving to 3-0.
Oregon State Banknotes
• With 3,918 spectators, it is the 10th largest crowd ever at Coleman Field’s Goss Stadium and the seventh in the regular season. He replaced former No. 10 3,915 from LSU on June 3, 2018.
• Four of OSU’s top 25 all-time crowds have come against the Cardinal. This includes 3,864 on May 12, 2018 (#15), 3,830 on May 11, 2018 (#17), and 3,805 on May 13, 2018 (#19).
• Oregon State is averaging 3,451 fans per home date this season. The Beavers have played 11 home games through Saturday’s game.
• Both Wade Meckler and Jacob Melton extended their respective hitting streaks to seven games. Meckler is 14 for 32 during his streak while Melton is 11 for 33.
• Oregon State’s pitching staff limited Stanford to 14 hits and three runs in 21 innings. The Beavers recorded 35 strikeouts on just six walks. The 35 strikeouts are the most of a series this season, even with one game remaining against the Cardinal.
• Oregon State is now 5-4 in one-point play.
• The Beavers are also 2-2 in overtime games. Three of the Beavers’ four overtime games this season have come in the last four games.
• OSU is 15-3 error-free this season.
• Ryan Brown struck out 12 of his first 13 batters faced this season.
• Oregon State is looking to win its fifth straight series against Stanford at Corvallis.
• The Beavers are 16-3 when holding an opponent five points or less this season.
• Oregon State pitchers are averaging 9.66 strikeouts per nine innings.